Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Memory

Everything I photograph instantly becomes a memory. But does the photograph depict exactly what I think I saw or experienced? Wright Morris in his book Time Pieces describes, "The mind is its own place, the visible world is another, and visual and verbal images sustain the dialogue between them." This sentece makes me somehow comfortable. I might be able to depict what exactly I experienced but I could still support that by describing what I experience in words. 

Some memory could be a very important hint to figure out what you are now in a psychotherapeutic way. I use photography to archive my elusive memories. Morris also says, "The effort to check what is slipping., to hold what is escaping, is the response of a more experienced observer than the young man who took the first pictures." That is very interesting that I have been photographing since 1989. Yet, I have just started to explore this realm.

No comments: